Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My VINTAGE Thanksgiving Centerpiece~


I'm going to be busy , like many of you tomorrow, preparing a large Thanksgiving feast for my family. I wanted to stop tonight, and show you my very neat vintage,Thanksgiving centerpiece I will use on my table tomorrow.
I'm not setting my table tonight, but I did make a flower arrangement from some flowers my husband and young son bought me today. Plus my vintage chalkware pilgrims and turkey.

I have been around antiques for decades, and have not seen any chalkware pilgrim statues before. I was thrilled to find these, and was drawn to them because of the Bibles in their hands.
Hers is small.
His looks like the large family Bible.
They are both 1940-50's time frame. Leaning towards late 40's.
Now Mr. Turkey is 1960's. I have some fragrant pine cones to put inside him tomorrow. My son has been sniffing the little pine cone bag many times. Smells like ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and holiday time.
I love the colors in the older vintage turkey planters.
Aren't they lovely flowers? I had enough leftover to do a small roses vase in the bath. It was my husband's idea to buy the flowers, while my young son picked them out. Good team.
I only arranged them.

These pilgrims look good from the front side and back. So perfect to have pilgrims at my table for Thanksgiving. I may use them for Christmas too.

I wish so much, for everyone to enjoy their families tomorrow. Know that you are blessed to have their very presence in front of you. Look in their eyes, listen to their stories, ask them about their hopes and dreams. Watch how the light shines on their hair, show interest in their life, respect their opinions, hug them with deep love. No one is perfect, but your loved ones are oftentimes doing their best, right at this moment in time. Be a blessing to them tomorrow, especially when you don't feel like it.
Love strong,
Gina

4 comments:

  1. Dear Gina ~ What a lovely post and what a great table setting.

    Have a wonderful time tomorrow with your family.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful and are complemented perfectly by your lovely statues and turkey! I can imagine your table groaning with the celebratory meal is going to look wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, those last words about family are so wise. It's so easy to lose sight of this - until, like you, you've lost someone. I pray for grace and comfort for you this year as you listen, look, and love some more...

    Oh! Your centerpiece is just beautiful. I think you SHOULD include the figures in your Christmas decor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gina, I love the mellow ochre and yellows of the Pilgrims, this is a lovely set.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments , please leave one if you like. I try to respond to comments,but if I'm running behind, please know that I read each one before they are published. Thanks much, Gina