Saturday, September 8, 2012

Who SHOULD You BE?

Outside of Gibbes Museum Of Art In Charleston this August, it was 94 degrees and 89 % humidity
 
 I have been feeling very much NOT what God expects of me, asks for me to be...
 
You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 1 Peter3:4
 
And to try to illustrate how I feel, I will show you first the actress that I believe God wants women( me) to be like..
Olivia deHavilland as Mellie in Gone withThe Wind
 
Her character was so sweet, self-sacrificing , kind and calm , and soft-spoken. Not me , well maybe kind but that's it, not calm or soft-spoken. I am more like this actress.....
Maureen O'Hara in McClintock , even though I don't go around screaming really, but I am very opinionated and a tad bossy.
Also...
 Maureen  in Parent Trap w/ Brian Keith , but I don't punch anyone...
or The Quiet man w/ John Wayne. I love watching Maureen O'Hara. I can relate to her. But again, feel that I should be more like sweet Mellie.
 

How on earth can God make such vastly different temperaments and personalities, and expect us to be like Mellie all the time? I feel like Scarlett feels below, about someone like Mellie.
I have run into many sweet, calm women lately. I think only if I was heavily sedated could I be that calm.
So what is God going to do with me? How have you become calm, if you are a calm person? Any tips? Don't tell me to pray, as I have been doing that, for a few decades.
Tell me who you relate to in the movies or a movie or book, that you feel just like inside or wish you were like too.
 
Have a nice evening,
Gina
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Dear Gina ~ I am calm sometimes and at other times I am a screaming meemie. It is a part of the female personality I think. I pray to be more of the gentle and quiet spirit which is so precious to God. Thanks be to Him who saves us by His GRACE.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower lady! You are exactly the perfect woman that makes me think this!!!You are always calm and sweet and what I wish I should emulate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gina, you are so refreshingly honest. I might like to be like Anne of Green Gables fame, so smart and spunky and good hearted, that could be a goal to aim for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative and inspiring post, Gina! I SO understand where you're coming from :) I think it is essential to keep the good models (and Perfect Model) in our "mind's eye". It is from contemplating and gazing on them/Him that we are changed. We probably don't even realize the extent of our "evolution" and that is a GOOD thing! Otherwise we might become proud and self-congratulatory... Writing this little bit reminds of Moses who, after being with God on Mount Sinai, was unaware of how his face had been altered, etc.....

    Thanks for getting me thinking/praying this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that I was like Cary Grant, but Amanda tells me that my character is actually just like Gragory Pecks, although I don't often feel like it. I think that God is happy enough with who we are, warts and all, just so long as we are aware of, and at least try to be different to the person that we don't like to be. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, you brought back some fond memories for me of my father as my family and I are approaching the tenth anniversary of his passing this week. His favorite actress was Maureen O'Hara and his favorite movie was The Quiet Man.

    Personally, I think you have a lot of heartfelt passion and firm conviction while still being respectful to others, which is honoring to God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post, Gina. And, sadly, I have much more in common with Scarlett than Mellie. Strangely enough, since menopause I haven't been as mercurial, which is a major blessing. Getting older does have 'some' perks, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your post!! You and I may be a lot a like in the personality department!! My goal as well is to become a woman with a quiet and gently spirit!! The more I read and the more I study. .the more I change. .God gave me MY personality to be a "doer" When I find myself "doing things" for the sake of God. .I find Him changing me progressively, into the person He wants me to be! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments , please leave one if you like. I try to respond to comments,but if I'm running behind, please know that I read each one before they are published. Thanks much, Gina