Saturday, July 16, 2011

Latest VINTAGE & Antique paintings I have for SALE:

Going to show you a few of the antique and vintage paitings I have for sale, with a few thrown in that are sold--but I really like them so much I want to show them to you anyway. The one above is a antique early 1800's oil on wood panel, European , Dante and Beatrice-and I believe it is a Italian painting. Look at her eyes below...
She is listed in eBay now, you can find here here.

I found her in Charleston, SC a few weeks ago...and I also found this unusual, interesting- looking gentleman
below...

He caught my attention right away, plus his frame, in a fancy-schmancey antique mall in Charleston...and I made an offer , and after some haggling it was accepted. It is a large very old, early 1800's or before, Old Master's style oil on canvas in a killer Renaissance style HEAVY antique frame. Here's a close-up..
Isn't he something ? Long hair ,intelligent gaze , a true find for antique portrait collectors.  He can be found here.

This 1940-50's geisha portrait is SOLD.
This was a really neat find, a view of Charleston , SC , a vintage painting circa 1960's...a view from St. John's Island, right outside of Charleston. Any vintage paintings of famous or historic cities are valuable. Snap them up if you find them. You can find this one here.

An absolutely killer deco portrait,  1940's , very large , that I sold to a nice lady  in a 5 day auction. For ebay sellers, I recommend 10 day auctions for very unusual items. I was leaving town , and could only do a 5 day auction--as I believe she would have sold for much more if I had listed her longer. Too, too cool. SOLD.
Another gorgeous original oil portrait that is SOLD. 1940's big-band era beauty.

Here is a 1970's oil of a Spanish dancer , more naively painted , but has that ' look' that certain retro homes like. She is listed here.


Here is a fun,  French avante-garde, mod 1960's oil on canvas of a red-haired woman done in a Expressionist style. If you have checked out my auctions ever, I have a penchant for redhead portraits--buy them whenever I can.
She is listed here.

Wanted to show you I also sell very traditional antique and vintage artwork as well as all the portraits I list. This one is a pastel painting of a man fishing in a secluded river. Colors are beautiful, late 1800's -early 1900's time frame. It is listed here.

A lovely antique seascape, appears to be sunrise to me,painted in oils on black academy board. Late 1800's to very early 1900's time frame. You can find it here.


Beautiful pair of oval frames, circa 1920-40's time frame. In very good condition, I always try to find vintage and antique frames in good condition when I can. People now use antique and vintage picture frames for all sorts of decorating ideas, not just to frame their art. They put mirrors on them, they hang then on the wall in groups, they lean them up on apiece of furniture...all kinds of fun ideas with old frames. You can find this pair here.
A 1950's abstract/impressionist/modernist portrait of a woman with an attitude, check out her raised eyebrow. You can find here here.
Another very fun vintage, circa 1950's oil, done in a slight Illustrator style. She is SOLD.
Here's one that is for sale. A 1940-50's oil of a woman with a curly mop of blonde hair. You can find her here.

Here's a sweet soda-shop girl, 1940's oil on canvas. For sale here.

I see this entry is already too long, wanted to show you some French romantic engravings, but will do so in another entry.
Hope each and every one of you is having a really good day,
Gina

6 comments:

  1. the geisha is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you actively posting again Gina. You've shared some delightful treasures here :) Thank you! Hope you're having a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've been "on the hunt" lately! I admire your eye for unique and wonderful vintage/old art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see you out and about in Blogland again! And thank you for hanging in there to the bitter end with me on my latest tiresomely lengthy post ;) As my very first follower, you hold a special place in my heart! I hope you are feeling a little stronger each day. You and Sarah have touched a great many lives out there and we all hope you will find peace and renewed joy in living your life to the full. Big hug XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina, I am happy to see you again, it has been awhile. I wish I could afford to purchase the 18th century gentleman in the post above, he is a DISH! But alas, I am but a poor artist.
    I hope you will continue to post, I know you have had a rough year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina,
    I can't tell you how often I have thought of you and prayed for you as the anniversary drew near. It is so difficult and expectations of where you should be along the journey of grief can be so exasperating! Even the ones we put on ourselves. I am glad you are still here and it is good to see you are working with your art, Obviously you are a wealth of knowledge for so many. My youngest son bought a house in NC in April so who knows maybe someday I may visit your beautiful city.
    My fondest regards, Meg

    ReplyDelete

I love comments , please leave one if you like. I try to respond to comments,but if I'm running behind, please know that I read each one before they are published. Thanks much, Gina