Friday, April 16, 2010

Planters , STATUES, & FOUNTAINS in CHARLESTON, South CAROLINA Gardens


 


 Up there is a happy camper in a Charleston garden full of blooming azaleas !

It was a hot 85 degrees in Charleston, South Carolina on Tuesday , and I decided to drive down and take some photos of Spring for inspiration. The top photo above is me, obviously dressed for the weather...and when you come to Charleston in the Spring or Summer, you'd better bring lots of shorts , hats, sundresses( women only of course ), lightweight clothing as it is HOT and HUMID.
Plus lots of water bottles.
I am standing above in the Nathaniel Russell garden located off Meeting St., I had a nice young teenage boy take a few pictures of me, he was vacationing with his family and he took 3 pictures of me, with his Mom's guidance and this is the only one that wasn't fuzzy. Lots of families vacation her, and lots of couples looking for romance.
Romance lives here so they will find it.
This city is very charming,  beautiful old historic homes and gardens. In this entry I will show you some planters, some statues, and some fountains. Be sure to click on any of the photos for a larger look if you like...lots of ideas for your garden planters,
Here we go...
Lots of sago palms in planters here
This is the same statue I have in my backyard garden, my favorite, and it is the only other one I have seen.
I love this idea, which I try to do in my garden, is get a center focal point, circular or another shape, and decorate around it with plants, rocks, etc.
One of my favorite statues that is hidden behind a Bed & Breakfast...you can't hide beauty though.
House on the Battery had this

Here is my favorite picture...look what I found in the fountain sunning themselves !
4 turtles stacked on top of each other ! Loved it ! I told some people I walked past to go look into that garden, and see the turtles at the base...you just have to share wonderful sights.
Most of these fountains in the backyards of homes are large circular pools with fountains in the center.
I have a few more entries to do from that day, one is about the Dock Street Theater ( the oldest theater in the USA ) that has re-opened and is renovated, one will be about small gardens I found , and one will be about some homes and the candy store in downtown Charleston that I always stop at on the way home.
Have a great, flowery weekend,
Gina

 "The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you;
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace. "  Numbers 6:24-26

2 comments:

  1. Where do I get a statue like these for the garden or hanging on a garden wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a place in southeastern NC called Merritt's Pottery that makes these. It is between White Lake and Elizabethtown, NC. They are very reasonably priced too. They have literally tons of statues and fountains to pick from. They will carry you around in a golf cart. If one is cracked or defective they give a discount. They are made out of cement.


      Sincerely,
      Debra F. from NC

      Delete

I love comments , please leave one if you like. I try to respond to comments,but if I'm running behind, please know that I read each one before they are published. Thanks much, Gina